Tuesday, February 4, 2014

~Junk Salvation Show~

Another Show in Hillsboro has come and gone and I can breathe again.  A lot of work goes into these Shows.  It all starts with buying,  fixing, cleaning, pricing, packing, setting up and then selling......all to turn around and tear it all down again and pack it up.  I had a good Show and a lot of the items you see here went to a new home. Some of what is left will be going with me up to Washington in May to the Farm and Frills Show which I'm very excited to be a part of this year.

I appreciate everyone who came to my booth and bought items from me or just to visit since some of you I only see once a year.  My photos turned out a little blurry since there is never enough time to really get good photos at this Show since I set up all day and then have to sell that night.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

Everyone loved the Kudu horns hanging from the old arched screen door turned chalkboard. 

This old white chippy birdcage on wheels is large enough to have a chandelier hanging inside and would look great on a covered porch or patio with it lit at night.
Not sure why, but I always like to have Virgin Mary statues in my booth. I love them especially surrounded by flowers such as this Heather to give a real garden feel to the space.

One sweet gal bought all of the scales and I really like how old scales look grouped in threes.

Another sweet customer took home the large chalkboard....you can never have too many chalkboards, right?

Well it looks like Winter is in full swing again here with temps below freezing and snow flurries outside my window as I type this post. Stay warm!

 I'd like to thank Linda and Dixie, the Funky Junk Sisters who are both such sweet ladies for having me at their Show again this yea:-).

Linking with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Grey Dey Thursdey
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Creatively Made Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Junk Party  



22 comments:

  1. Such a welcoming space - all your merchandise is beautifully displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I wish I lived in your neck of the woods to attend the Junk Salvation Show! You had awesome items for sale that I am sure went to very good homes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your booth and displays are beyond beautiful! It's A LOT of work to do these shows but a lot of fun as well. I love everything about your aesthetic. I so wish I could have seen it all firsthand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love everything, Kathleen, looks like you had a fabulous show, I'd love to come shop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen, this is absolutely visually stunning. You are an amazing stylist with a clear vision of what will sell and how to sell it!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...your displays are always beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen - WOW it all looks so gorgeous! I also love Mary anywhere I can have her in my house and garden! Come do a show in Florida and escape your cold weather - it was 80 degrees today:) I promise to buy buy buy!!!!!! thanks for the lovely inspiration! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...it seems so obvious that you would have a fabulous booth, as that is all you have shown us over the years! I hope you sold it all, or at least most of it ~ so that your load home was as light as your heart:)
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty displays. I'm not a religious person but I live in Italy and I like how Maria is in every corner watching over us all. It is not Christ as in South America. When I moved into our apartment the previous woman had left a tiny virgin mary above the front door, about one inch tall. I left her there and later painted her blue.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen,
    I love all your displays. What beautiful treasures you had to sell. Love the Mary looking over the treasures in your booth. She is gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos Kathleen! I came by your booth before opening on Saturday and was really admiring (aka thinking about buying) your screen door chalkboard. A friend of mine came by my booth later and said she bought it! So bummed for me, but it will look great in her home. Lucky girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want one of everything!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looked great ! I see many items I would buy myself.Hope it was a good sale for you . Did your Chandelier sell ? if not how much ? and your white ironstone dishes in the wire dish rack ? You do such a great job styling everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the scales and those amazing corbels! I wish I would have bought more! As I look at these pictures there are a million things I just can't live without :) Your booth was absolute genius. I've been to a lot of junk shows and I've done a lot of junk shows and never have I seen a booth that I wanted to own every single item. I am in LOVE and I hope you will think about coming to Eastern Oregon for our Junk Barn Sale in the fall to be a vendor! We would be honored!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looked great, Kathleen! I especially love that square clock. It would sure be fun to shop your space someday :)

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piękne stoisko z super rzeczami, chciałabym mieć niejedną z nich u siebie w domu, piękny blog, pozdrawiam;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the clock and what a great show. Wish I lived close by. I collect scales and need two more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As much as I would dearly love to see your stand Kathleen, I think it is just as well I live too far away. I'd want to buy everything!! You certainly have a knack for setting it all up.
    Thanks for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be sharing it at the party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your booth is gorgeous! I just finished up a show this weekend, too and it is a lot of work! Sadly, the weather here in Oklahoma kept a lot of folks at home instead of at the show! Your chalkboard is awesome, I would have bought it, too! I'd love it if you would share your project on my new link party, DIY:Done! at FlyingC-DIY.com. The party is open through Sunday, and every weekend. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your booth is so gorgeous! I wish the sale was closer because I would have been shopping like a crazy woman! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete